31.3.10

Uniform

So, 3 weeks ago I was given a project for my university course, (I study illustration) the title was "uniforms". That was it, we were told to do observation drawings of the public and to make them "interesting". I hate drawing, so this was really quite worring. I struggled for ages trying to draw that woman lunching, the young mum feeding her toddler, the business man having a coffee early in the morning. I cannot explain how much it stressed me out, I felt like some sort of weird stalker watching people, it was horrible.

Nearing the end of the week I had some sort of break through, I had started to draw just peoples hair. It was mainly women I concentrated on (short hair is hard to draw) and I found myself actually, not minding the stalker-ish tendencies.


No comments:

Post a Comment